Contribute to global demining efforts through the Schonstedt Humanitarian Demining Initiative (SHDI).
For more than a decade, Schonstedt has partnered directly with the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), and The US State Department, to deploy Magnetic Locators around the world for the detection of landmines, cluster bombs, explosive remnants of war (ERW), and other unexploded ordnance (UXO). Businesses, individuals, organizations, associations, and service clubs are invited to participate as follows:
- Purchase a Schonstedt GA-72Cd Magnetic Locator for donation, and Schonstedt will match your donation unit-for-unit
- Schonstedt deploys the donated locators directly to humanitarian deminers most in need, according to UNMAS or US State Department priorities
- Deployments are made in the name of the donors (group or individual)
- Donors will be recognized with ‘Thank You’ letters from
- UNMAS or The U.S. Department of State
- The in-country recipient of the donation when possible
Each donation represents a tangible contribution to humanitarian demining, where it is most needed in the world… and where it may not otherwise be possible.
Contributions of less than the current unit price ($1,041) can be sent to Woodstown Monthly Meeting, PO Box 13, Woodstown, NJ 08098, where they will be aggregated. Please indicate “for Humanitarian Demining” in your contribution. Donations may be tax deductible.
This video tells the story of an innovative humanitarian demining partnership involving the United Nations Mine Action Service, (UNMAS) Schonstedt Instrument Company, the US Department of State and the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) who have raised funds for donating magnetic locators to mine action programmes around the world.
For more on the threat of landmines and UXO, www.finduxo.com